Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Woo hoo!!! It's almost T-Giving!!

In less than twenty-four hours, I will be stuffin' the stuffin' into my gaping maw with my ma, pa, feller, and Aunt Debbie from Kentucky. Mmmmmm!!! I do so love Thanksgiving.

But first... I must finish my work day. Easy enough story: Tips on how to be safe during the holidays, like locking car doors and house doors. Should be obvious, right? But so many people forget. OR... and this is the big one... they leave STEAL-ABLE things in plain sight, like on the front seats or windows of their cars. Not that I'd ever do something like that. Nope. Nuh-uh. Ahem... certainly not in the news van. Someone like me would NEVER get their windows busted out.


Ahem... okay. Moving on.


Mall parking lots are one of the most common spots for bad guys to take stuff from inside your car. It took a while, but we finally found a mall who would let us on their premises (most think we're Satan's Spawn and keep us far, far away). Shot the story. Had a little lunch. Bought a super cute pair of shoes!! (Yes, I really am a girl, even though it's often hard to tell). I especially like the cuteness of this shoe contrasted with my really, really ugly old Roots work boots! Ha!


I got back and put the mast up on the truck (it goes up 40 feet, but I needed only about 20). My pal Mark in routing said, "I never, never, never say this to a woman, but you're perfect!" Granted, he was talking about my microwave signal, not me, but I'll take it... when all of the sudden, BAM!!!! I look up to see my mast shooting the other 20 feet up into the air even though I wasn't holding the Up button!!! WHOA! My transmitter went into Red (not good) and I saw a cable dangling broken forty feet up. Uh oh. Really not good. SO... no live shot for us. The truck will have to go up for repairs.



Instead, I cut the piece and fed it in via MCDS, which is our video dropbox on the Internet. With the new 4G cards, it takes just a couple of minutes to feed versus 20-40 minutes on the old 3G. Gotta love technology!

And since I'll be with Mom and Dad the next four days (and I write this blog primarily for them), I'll be taking a break for a bit.

Until Monday...

Eat lots and lots and lots of good T-Giving stuff....

Later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment